- 9:00 am Worship Service
- 10:00 am Fellowship
- 10:30 am Christian Education Classes
FIRST SUNDAY of the month
- After Christian Education Classes: Carry-in Fellowship Meal
A Message from Pastor Mark
We are glad that you have visited the website for Covenant of Grace, a reformed church in Ventura County. We look forward to your visiting us for worship and fellowship. We are confident that when you do, you will find that our congregation is warm and welcoming. There is an unmistakable "family mindset" at Covenant of Grace and it is something which we cherish and take care to cultivate as we grow in number. Such an attitude and atmosphere exists because we truly love our Lord. We begin worship adoring Him in praise. We come to Him humbly, asking forgiveness for recent sin, and are regularly encouraged by the reminder that our God is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to keep on cleansing us from all unrighteousness (I John 1:9.)
Because we love our Lord we treasure His Word. Whether our sermon lesson is from the Old Testament or the New Testament you can be confident that the spotlight of the sermon will always be on Jesus Christ, the hero of all Scripture. It is my delight to preach Christ from all the Scriptures because it is Christ who is promised and anticipated in the Old Testament, and His glory and grace are revealed and explained more fully in the New Testament. We rejoice to know that what the Author and Perfector of our faith has accomplished, He has done for us. By faith in Jesus Christ and with Him, we have died to sin, been raised to new life and now seek to glorify our Heavenly Father in a lifestyle of grateful obedience.
Covenant of Grace is a congregation in the heritage of the Reformation, so we take comfort in the knowledge that we have a right relationship with God by grace alone, through faith alone, and that trust is in Jesus Christ alone. In keeping with the spirit of the Reformation we recognize that the Bible is the only infallible rule for faith and life. We believe the Scriptures instruct us to worship our God in reverence of His majesty, as well as in the joy of His salvation. Some churches consider the congregation to be an audience that is to be entertained, but we assemble as the Lord's people to serve Him in worship. As Pastor, my goal is not to entertain, but to encourage our congregation to worship the True and Living God in reverence and joy.
We encourage you to learn more about the ministry of Covenant of Grace by viewing the rest of our website and then joining us in worship and fellowship. We are confident that when you visit, you will be encouraged and refreshed in the blessings that are ours in Christ Jesus. You may have further questions about the beliefs and practices of our congregation, and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss them with you. We hope to be helpful to you in your relationship with the Lord.
For Christ and His Kingdom,
Pastor Mark Mueller with the Elders of Covenant of Grace
Why are we called "Orthodox"?
We are Orthodox because we adhere to the Word of God as established in the Canon of Scriptures, the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments. We are led by what the Bible teaches and do not project human imaginations onto the Word of God to suit our perceptions.
We believe that the Bible is...
- Sufficient. We find our entire authority in the teaching of the Word of God. The Bible and the Bible alone, Sola Scriptura, is our confession.
- Necessary. The Bible is the revelation of God's person and will. "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord" (Duet. 8:3)
- Inerrant. The Bible is free from error as it comes from the hand of God. "The law of the Lord is perfect....The testimony of the Lord is sure....The statutes of the Lord are right....The commandment of the Lord is pure....The fear of the Lord is clean....The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether." (Psalm 19:7-9) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God...." (2 Tim. 3:16)
- Clear. The Bible is clear, it is the fruit of Divine revelation.
We are "God Centered"
Because we adhere to the Word of God as revealed in the Bible, because we are Orthodox, we are God centered:
- "The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever" (WSC Q.1)
- We believe in a Triune God. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit: Spirit, immutable, almighty, one and only God, omniscient, omnipresent, glorious, and holy.